Here are my do's and don’ts.
* Format - font size, type, spacing, headings all the same. Never use the italic font
* Have a one paragraph intro summary about you at the top.
* Structure - three sub headlines for each job. Role, Responsibilities and Achievements.
* Dates - make sure they all make sense. If contract or full time, make that clear.
* Grammar – write in full, never slang or any form of text speak.
* Spelling – proofread, ask someone to read your CV.
* No gimmicks, no pictures, no colours, no pie charts etc...never.
* Let’s not read a novel - two pages, three max.
* Photos – no photos
* Contact information – address, phone and email – avoid a quirky email that draws the wrong conclusions!
* Save your CV with your name and surname as the file name.
* Tailor your CV. Do so every time.
* List interests and hobbies - do not say you like socialising, football and swimming. Saying something like keeping fit and travelling (list countries) is much better.
* Your CV tells a story. Don't make it dull.
You need to get this right and stand out. I hope this can help.
What is embedded recruiting?
Explain the embedded recruiting service?Embedded recruiting means we embed our team into your firm so that we can best represent you to the market. Typically we save you 50% on traditional hiring methods.We provide an audit of your talent needs an...More info