I’m often asked for tips to help with the job hunt during COVID-19.
Here a summary:
- The hiring process takes much longer than usual. Be patient.
- Expect to apply for 10 times the number of jobs that you had planned to before Covid-19. I’m gonna call it out, lots of firms have job adverts they paid for pre-Covid, posted for pipelining purposes.
- Set aside time each day to search and apply for jobs. It’s a job in itself.
- Use your network, it’s gold.
- Your online profile has to look slick. So many people forget that.
- Block your FB and Insta pages, nobody needs to see your evening antics.
- If you are open to temporary work then make that clear.
- Tailor your CV to the job you’re applying, as much as possible.
- Set job alerts with online search engines. It’s easy.
- Practice a virtual interview before one happens.
- Tell people what your USP is. Practice that, over and over again.
Pretty much all interviews, especially first stage are on video, be prepared:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Dress professionally.
- Be sure the background isn't messy.
- Check the tech ahead of time, including sound and video.
- Get away from distractions, including pets and kids.
The in-demand skills for the in-demand jobs in the Middle East 2021
The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic has been profound. It has impacted everything from healthcare, technology, how people interact, and, yes, how they work. Of course, one of the biggest impacts has been on the job market. From companies closing ...More info