It's what keeps the best business people razor sharp.
These people rarely become complacent.
- They are in touch with new tools, always learning, all the time.
- They are always aware that they need an edge on competitors, on clients and tech (including colleagues breathing down their neck).
- They know 5% more than anyone else in the room on their speciality.
- They move first and do not follow behind
- They are experimenters and self-disrupt.
- They remain paranoid, looking out for the next threat.
- Reputation. Always aware of their reputation. A wise person once told me to always think "Did what I just did, or said, enhance or damage my reputation?"
- They Treat people with respect.
For me - it's always been fear of failure. Fear of it all ending tomorrow that keeps me motivated.
Do you have something that keeps you on the edge (apart from Covid)?
Tell us what you know about our company
I want to share with you some feedback on how a recent candidate aced the question 'tell us what you know about our company?'.To give some context, he was interviewing for a marketing manager position for a construction firm.This is how he prepare...More info