It's what keeps the best business people razor sharp.
These people rarely become complacent.
- They are in touch with new tools, always learning, all the time.
- They are always aware that they need an edge on competitors, on clients and tech (including colleagues breathing down their neck).
- They know 5% more than anyone else in the room on their speciality.
- They move first and do not follow behind
- They are experimenters and self-disrupt.
- They remain paranoid, looking out for the next threat.
- Reputation. Always aware of their reputation. A wise person once told me to always think "Did what I just did, or said, enhance or damage my reputation?"
- They Treat people with respect.
For me - it's always been fear of failure. Fear of it all ending tomorrow that keeps me motivated.
Do you have something that keeps you on the edge (apart from Covid)?
4 global marketing challenges and how CMOs are surviving and thriving
Consumer behaviour has radically changed in response to various restrictions on our day-to-day lives, with digital marketing a key pillar of pandemic success. According to study by Deloitte, 72% of marketers said that the role of marketing within...More info