This Senior Management Accountant role will report to the Finance Director
You will use your strong technical and influencing skills and sound understanding of the business unit to provide advice, challenge and scrutiny to senior colleagues. You will ensure that budgets are well constructed, managed and monitored and support senior managers in the production of business cases and plans to deliver improved performance, reduced risk and better value for money.
Your technical knowledge and ability to work constructively with senior teams will make you a valued contributor the decision-making process and a champion for change within your business, its external relationships and in wider government projects. This post holder will need to establish and develop effective working relationships with a number of stakeholders, including the Directors, Deputy Directors, Internal and External Audit.
* Developing a deep knowledge of diverse business areas, their needs and priorities, looking at the bigger picture to make sure that the business understands the financial implications of decisions and available choices.
* Acting as key liaison point between Finance and the business, building in depth understanding of different business areas and performance and delivery priorities.
* Providing analysis to support decision making and using bench marking to highlight opportunities and add value.
* Identifying sustainable cost savings targets and initiatives as part of the business planning cycle.
* Supporting business areas with financial analysis to prepare for Spending Reviews, risk management and business planning processes.
* Leading on financial reporting, including analysing financial information and preparing summary reporting, ensuring that the leaders of the organisation are able to make decisions based on accurate financial information.
* Supporting on the construction of business cases through financial challenge to make sure options offer value for money and are affordable.
* Assessing accounting implications and providing accounting advice in accordance with international financial reporting standards and central government accounting rules.
* Building financial awareness and capability of non-finance staff within the business.
The Successful Applicant
* Strong Excel and data analysis skills combined with a clear understanding of how this should be applied for the benefit of the organisation.
* Well-developed communication, presentation and relationship management skills including an ability to engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
* A high level of competence in budget management, planning, forecasting and risk identification combined with excellent problem solving skills.
* Excellent technical accounting skills across a wide range of financial disciplines and a proven ability to apply them effectively.
* Credibility with senior colleagues and stakeholders and the ability to influence decision-making.
* The ability to analyse and communicate complex financial information in a clear and understandable way.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious business that is looking to more than double in size over the next 3 years. Due to this growth strategy significant progression opportunities are available for the right candidate.
This Senior Management Accountant role is paying £45K - £50K depending on experience and will be based in Derby with occasional travel to other sites as required.